When running a small business at the dawn of its development, posting jobs and managing applications is rarely a priority. Nonetheless, the more limited human capital you possess, the more imperative it becomes to accept qualified performers and to save both time and finances entrusting this process to modern technology. In this article, we will revise the use of applicant tracking solutions, and suggest 20 market leaders that can help you become a better recruiter.
Stuck under piles of worth-to-read resumes, recruiters used to have a hard time ruling out unsuitable candidates and considering those that match their criteria prior to reading their information. This is the problem many best applicant tracking software systems can solve – despite some hiring professionals questioning its capability to keep qualified performers in the loop, applicant tracking software remains the only technology able to shortlist the ones that don’t match. This is because AT tools use advanced keyword technology, and rely on custom recruitment metrics to decide who is a good candidate.
Cost-efficiency effects on quality hiring
Applicant tracking systems are connected to an array of indisputable benefits. Yet, it is wrong to assume that applicant tracking technology reached a state of making decisions on its own – rather than that, it triggers the first and simple cut of required attributes, and narrows the list down without hiring back recruiters. Plus, applicant tracking technology vendors often come with invaluable hiring expertise and help novice recruiters develop a better onboarding strategy. These are only a few of the reasons why the applicant tracking systems market in the USA is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 8.58% in the upcoming 3 years, the decisive criterion there being the coverage of security and privacy concerns.
In an attempt to craft the perfect ATS solution that works in every environment, technology providers overwhelmed users with modern and ultra-powerful tools. Regardless of such efforts, a one-size-fits AT product is almost impossible to find, which is why you should compare multiple reputed tools to depict the one that works for you.
Best Applicant Tracking Software Solutions
BambooHR is not simply an accurate hiring assistant, but more of a reliable workforce management partner for as many HR processes as you have in place. The compact HR unit stores some of the world’s leading digitized workforce capabilities, and helps prospective employers offer more attractive positions to their candidates. The targeted audience is mostly small and medium businesses that would benefit from fast and cost-effective talent acquisition the way enterprises do.
Why choosing BambooHR over its competitors? The company offers a modern applicant tracking mechanism that helps gather the most competent employees on the job market and specializes in building a great onboarding experience that will retain them by your side. The vendor also offers a great free trial plan if you want to try out the software first.
Meanwhile, it stores and manages all employee data, including compliance, healthcare, and all other benefits. You can use it to create custom workflows for additional efficiency, manage performance and reward employees based on actual data, and report in real-time and in all circumstances with unparalleled precision. BambooHR is also an excellent choice for tracking time and automating specific requests and supports electronic signature to spare you the traditional hiring costs.
What is unique about BambooHR?
- Optional applicant tracking mechanism. BambooHR displays job openings in a separate tab, where the user gets to see all applications, applicant leads, and select/eliminate applications as they arrive. Similarly, you can add new job openings with all relevant details such as salary, title, duration, contract type, etc.
- End-to-end onboarding assistance. With BambooHR, new hires receive a special email containing training information and access to all system files and corporate documents that may be relevant to them.
- Role-based access to information. The main figures in the system are administrators and managers who are in charge of delegating competence to other users listed on their dashboard. It is exactly them who will be responsible for creating employee profiles and inserting all related information in their portfolios.
- Accurate performance administration. BambooHR comes with a quadrant-style matrix plot that works with your information to compare employees to each other and distinguish the top performers among them. This way, the system helps reward talented individuals and grade new hires, and do so by comparing tasks day-to-day.
- Benefits management. BambooHR’s centralized database contains the benefits for each employee and allows the manager to track them down in no time. There is an overall number of 12 benefit types applicable to all groups of employees, and it is employees who can change them upon every update in their status.
Manatal is a powerful, cloud-based applicant tracking system designed to help medium and large enterprises. The platform blends an AI-powered recommendation engine, team collaboration tools, applicant tracking, and reliable sourcing tools. The tools work in unison to streamline the entire hiring lifecycle, empowering organizations to find, screen, and hire the right candidates with speed and accuracy.
Moreover, with the Manatal Google Chrome extension, you can import LinkedIn profiles right into your recruitment software. Better still, the solution has a powerful reporting engine that helps you glean insights from data. What’s more, the Manatal dashboard enables you to access referrals, reminders, reports, and chats all from a single location. The vendor offers a free trial to help learn about the Manatal features firsthand at no cost and without commitment.
Try out Manatal with their free trial
What is unique about Manatal?
- AI-driven recommendations. Manatal recommendation engine leverages the power of artificial intelligence to help you find the best candidate. The engine recommends personalized jobs for your candidates, allowing them to apply for the most suitable open positions. On the other hand, it recommends the most suitable candidates from the applicant’s list, enabling businesses to find the best candidates quickly.
- Effective sourcing. In addition, the platform comes with intelligence sourcing tools such as the Google Chrome extension. It also allows you to post jobs in multiple job boards like Glassdoor, Indeed, LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, JobsDB, and more. This way, it makes it easy to find the right candidate to fill the open position.
- Applicant tracking. Even better, Manatal provides powerful applicant matching tools and AI-driven insights to streamline the recruitment process. It also features an easy-to-use pipeline that can be customized to meet the needs of your in-house recruitment teams. Beyond this, the powerful search engine enables you to find candidates, jobs, and departments in seconds.
- Profile enrichment. What’s more, Manatal’s automated enrichment features help you enrich your candidates’ profiles with information on their Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram accounts.
- Powerful reporting and analytics. Furthermore, with the reporting and analytics tools you can leverage data to understand your recruitment activities and efforts. The detailed performance reports and in-depth analysis, make it easy to tweak your hiring processes to deliver the desired results.
Greenhouse is an intuitive applicant tracking system that caters to companies of all sizes. Built to create positive employee experiences, this platform aims to optimize hiring processes using a structured, data-driven approach. It comes equipped with job board management, candidate scorecards, interview permissions, as well as onboarding management. Moreover, it provides unique features such as inclusion nudges, scorecard summaries, name pronunciation options, and anonymization tools.
Aside from the core functionalities mentioned above, the platform has an expansive integration ecosystem so you can be sure that it will easily play well with your existing business software. For pricing, Greenhouse offers three pricing plans based on your required features. However, all of them are only available by quote so be sure to get in touch with the vendor for more information.
Try out Greenhouse with their free trial
What is unique about Greenhouse?
- Structured Hiring Process. Greenhouse enables recruiters to automate the initial phases of the hiring process using scorecards. With this structured system, recruiters need only to specify their required qualifications and it will filter candidates based on them. From there, you can focus your assessments on candidates who are a good match for your available position.
- Name Pronunciation Feature. Avoid awkward incidents wherein you pronounce an applicant’s name wrong. Greenhouse gives candidates the option to pre-record the correct pronunciation of their names along with their preferred personal pronouns.
- Anti-Bias Functionalities. Greenhouse eliminates any unconscious bias that may play a role in the hiring process so you can ensure diversity and inclusion in the workplace. It has anonymization options, a Scorecard anti-bias nudge that lets recruiters focus only on job-relevant qualifications, and the like.
- Collaborative Hiring and Onboarding. The platform offers collaboration tools like @mention capabilities, shared application reviews, as well as approval workflows. Plus, as all applicant information are in one hub, hiring teams can easily access the necessary data for making hiring decisions.
- Seamless Integrations. Another advantage of using Greenhouse is its flexibility. The platform has over 360 pre-built integrations which include HRIS systems, onboarding tools, and sourcing platforms. This way, you can easily connect it with your existing software ecosystem
Detailed Greenhouse Review
Freshteam is a powerful cloud-based HR software designed by Freshworks for growing businesses. The platform streamlines the core HR processes from attracting and screening to onboarding new hires and offboarding existing employees. Beyond this, it allows you to securely manage employee information and iron out issues related to time-offs, all in one place.
Even better, Freshteam provides highly effective collaboration tools. With these tools, the recruitment team and hiring managers can work collaboratively to interview candidates. It’s also easy to share feedback about potential candidates, leave notes, and even send offers to the selected candidates. Other notable Freshteam features include candidate engagement tools, user dashboard, and a searchable database. The vendor offers a comprehensive free trial to get you up to speed with the features.
Try out Freshteam with their free trial
What is unique about Freshteam?
- Attract top talent. Freshteam has a robust applicant tracking system designed to simplify candidate sourcing, screening, interviewing, and hiring. With the system, you can create, publish, and manage detailed job postings right from your recruitment software. That’s not all, the platform allows you to collect all the information you need to make accurate hiring decisions.
- Easy onboarding and offboarding. Even better, Freshteam is designed to flatten the onboarding curve for the candidates and the recruitment teams. First, it allows recruiters to send out forms to fill, documents to sign, and share the handbooks that the candidates need before they join. Second, it ensures new hires are welcomed onboard in a way that depicts total professionalism.
- Securely store employee information. Most importantly, Freshteam ensures that all information related to HR processes is stored in a single place. To collect the relevant data, it allows you to create online forms using the drag-and-drop builder. The forms are sent out to employees to collect data which is used to create rich profiles. The profiles are stored in a single database where they can be accessed with ease by the hiring teams.
- Employee time-offs. The time-off feature is designed to help you remunerate employees accurately. It also helps create and enforce time-off policies that ensure employees’ workweek is optimally utilized.
- Innovative mobile app. Lastly, the Freshteam Android and iOS apps allow you to accomplish the recruitment tasks while on the move. With the app, it’s a breeze to move candidates across the different stages, submit interview feedback, email qualified candidates, and more.
Detailed Freshteam Review
As the name suggests, Submittable is a cloud-based submission management software designed for foundations, organizations, and nonprofits. Primarily, the platform automates the grant application workflow, enabling users to collect, review, and analyze grant applications. However, Submittable features are flexible enough to support diverse needs such as job application review.
What makes Submittable perfect for recruitment teams is that it features a drag-and-drop form builder, robust reporting tools, and the multi-stage review options. Moreover, it offers workflow management and communications tools that enable recruiters to expedite the hiring process. Most importantly, the app is fitted with powerful security features to ensure the privacy of data and compliance with GDPR, HIPAA, and SOC2 standards. The vendor has an appealing free trial where you can tinker with the features at no cost.
Try out Submittable with their free trial
What is unique about Submittable?
- Collect applications with ease. Submittable’s drag-and-drop builder allows you to create and customize application forms to collect the information you need. You can also create a branded portal that mirrors the look and feel of your brand to give applicants an exceptional experience. In addition, with the platform, it’s easy for applicants to upload multiple file types including audio, images, and video.
- Accurate applicant screening. Besides, the platform is designed to simplify the application review process. It supports simple application review with yes/no/maybe voting. Alternatively, reviewers can create custom forms and craft intricate criteria to sift through the applications more comprehensively.
- Effective team collaboration. Additionally, Submittable provides a neat array of collaboration tools including team assignments, notifications, reminders, and auto labels. It allows hiring teams to collaborate on the applicant review process, plus it simplifies communication with the submitters.
- Powerful reporting. Submittable allows you to analyze data and create reports to uncover helpful insights. It supports advanced reporting and allows you to create dashboards to reveal which part of your hiring process is working and what’s not delivering the desired results.
- Security. Lastly, the solution is designed to be secure and to comply with the popular best practices and regulations. It offers Single SignOn (SSO), permission levels, plus it supports the exchange of data via secure protocols.
Detailed Submittable Review
6. Sage HR
Sage HR is an intuitive, cloud-based HR software built with small and medium businesses in mind. If you are transitioning from paper and spreadsheet employee management, you won’t go wrong with this platform. Sage HR features help simplify, attendance tracking, performance appraisal, reporting, shift scheduling and leave management.
The solution prides itself on ease of use typified by an intuitive interface and a comprehensive features set that meets the need of different businesses. The customizable dashboard offers a 360-degree view of your employee leaves, tasks, goals, and feedback. Moreover, the reporting module helps generate comprehensive reports for data-driven decisions and organizational transparency. The vendor offers a comprehensive free trial to get you up to speed with the features.
Try out Sage HR with their free trial
What is unique about Sage HR?
- Simplify onboarding. Sage HR is designed to streamline the onboarding process for new hires. The workflow builder enables you to create tasks and onboarding checklists based on a set of predefined rules. The assignment of the task is fully automated to give all new employees an exceptional onboarding experience.
- Timesheet management. In addition, Sage HR removes the guesswork from employee compensation. With the powerful timesheets, it’s easy to record the time spent on a task and project in general. Notably, the timesheets form the basis for the computation of employee salaries. The best part is that employees can enter time details and submit timesheets for approval anytime, anywhere.
- Shift scheduling. Even better, with Sage HR interactive shift planning, it is a breeze to create, edit, move, and copy shifts for groups or an individual employee. The shift scheduling tool also provides self-service access, allowing employees to declare their availability for better shift planning.
- Powerful reporting. The HR reporting tool enables you to uncover insights for better decision making. It allows you to discover employee growth or headcount and employee turnover by location or team. It is also easy to measure the productivity of the entire team, attendance, and absence rates.
- Leave management. Whether you have a team of two or a hundred employees, worry not about leave management. Sage HR allows you to create custom time-off policies and stipulate what, how, and when employees can request leaves. Interestingly, employees can request time-off anytime, anywhere, and on any device web, from Slack, or mobile app.
eSkill is a highly-flexible, customizable, scalable, and comprehensive assessment tool for finding the right talent for the job. Over 15 years of serving the industry have given eSkill the depth of knowledge as well as an extensive library of thousands of subject/job-specific tests and more than 600 template tests to draw from.
For a more holistic approach to pre-employment assessment, eSkill offers skills testing, behavior assessment, video interviews, and real simulation tests, to further refine your search and find only the most qualified candidates. Post-employment, it provides employee assessment and development training to help keep retention levels as well as employee morale high.
eSkill gives you a free trial to let you get a more in-depth look at how the platform can help you create more relevant, more precise tests for your applicants.
Try out eSkill with their free trial
What is unique about eSkill?
- Highly flexible tests tailored to your specific needs. eSkill offers you the ease and flexibility to choose from hundreds of standard tests or customize tests based on thousands of subject- or job-specific requirements. You can even create tests with all video questions, all written questions, or a combination of both in a single test. To further help refine the process, a dedicated testing expert will be on hand to assist in building customized skill tests and assessments that best fit your specifications.
- Comprehensive library to help create the most ideal tests. With over 5,000 combinable topics and subjects as well as more than 600 template tests to choose from, eSkill provides you with an extensive library to create more accurate testing and assessment. From IT to retail, marketing to healthcare, eSkill covers a broad range of jobs and industries.
- Assessments that go beyond hard skills. Apart from skills testing, eSkill also offers audio/video response interviews that allow you to probe and know your candidates in-depth prior to hiring. This service gives you the opportunity to assess for other essential, intangible qualities that do not show up in standard tests, such as self-presentation, confidence, and experience. In this way, you get an integrated approach to employee selection.
- Ease of use makes creating tests fast and easy. eSkill makes it easy for you to set up a branded and customized testing center, and start creating tests in just minutes. All eSkill products integrate seamlessly and easily with the most popular ATS and LMS in use. Do you have existing paper-based tests? You can have them digitized and uploaded online via eSkill’s Test Digitization service.
- Track record of quality service. Thousands of companies all over the world have used eSkill’s assessments for over 15 years to test millions of job candidates and find the most qualified ones. You also get a dedicated assessment consultant to help you determine the most ideal tests or for assistance in integrating eSkill into your LMS or ATS. Should you have questions, help is just a phone call, chat, or email message away.
8. EPAY Systems
EPAY Systems is a powerful, cloud-based HR and payroll software that is designed to streamline time and labor management. This is a flexible solution that can easily be configured to suit your unique working environment, labor needs, and compliance requirements. The platform helps you handle the complexity of hourly workforce, from shift differentials and overtime rules to union contracts and multiple pay groups.
With its neat set of features, the platform works particularly well for companies with a mobile or distributed workforce. Some of EPAY Systems’ features include recruiting and applicant tracking, time and attendance, workforce management, performance management, payroll and tax preparation, learning management, and benefits administration. You can learn more about these features at no cost thanks to EPAY Systems free trial.
What is unique about EPAY Systems?
- Find top talent. Boasting a robust recruiting solution, EPAY Systems empowers you to hire the best candidates faster. With the applicant tracking system you can track each applicant with ease to boost the speed and efficiency of your hiring procedures. Most importantly, the recruiting and applicant tracking solution integrates seamlessly with multiple job boards allowing to post open positions in one click.
- Streamlined onboarding. In addition, the software streamlines the onboarding process allowing you to get new employees up and running quickly. No intrusive paperwork or data entry burden, the entire process is simplified to enhance its effectiveness and ensure new hires are integrated seamlessly into your workforce.
- Time and attendance tracking. EPAY Systems is built to alleviate buddy punching, time rounding, and manual errors when it comes to time tracking. The solution gives you options to mix and match online time tracking, telephone time tracking, and mobile time tracking with GPS to find what works best for your workforce.
- Payroll management. Even better, EPAY Systems automate payroll management and tax filing. Even with the ever-changing tax rules and levy compliance, the state-of-the-art tax engine allows you to accurately navigate the payroll process with speed.
- Performance management. What’s more, the platform offers a comprehensive performance management module designed to facilitate employee development and ongoing feedback.
Detailed EPAY Systems Review
JobAdder is a cloud-hosted staffing system built to help businesses find the best candidates in the most efficient possible manner. With this platform, your hiring team can perform job posting, applicant tracking, and candidate management all in one integrated hub. Meaning, you can streamline your entire staffing process as well as improve overall productivity.
Leveraged by companies of all sizes, JobAdder offers tools beyond candidate management as well. The platform comes with a built-in CRM tool, contact management system, as well as Email and SMS communication options. It also comes with functionalities for task management, scheduling, and job ad creation. These can reinforce the staffing process, making sure each member of your hiring team know which tasks they need to tend to, which applicants they need to follow up on, and more.
Aside from these key features, JobAdder also supports a wide variety of third-party integrations. These include popular business systems such as Docusign, MailChimp, G Suite, and Calendly. It also supports connections with other HR and recruitment tools for your convenience.
Try out JobAdder with their free trial
What is unique about JobAdder?
- Built-in job advertising tools. JobAdder comes equipped with job ad templates, social site posting tools, job posting tools, as well as customizable job portals. This allows them to quickly disseminate information about job openings and expand their talent pool in a short period of time.
- Easily candidate monitoring and communication. With JobAdder, you can quickly parse resumes to add candidates to your database. The platform can also be used to communicate with applicants as it supports email, SMS, as well as video calls from within the software.
- Built-in CRM functionalities. JobAdder comes with customer relationship management tools which makes it ideal for agencies and recruiters. This allows them to manage staffing processes alongside client assistance.
- Mobile recruiting options. This applicant management and candidate monitoring platform is fully cloud-hosted and comes with native mobile applications. This way, users have the ability to manage their processes straight from their mobile devices.
- Simplified internal process management. JobAdder comes with tools for task management, progress tracking, status updates, and team timesheets. Meaning, companies can not only handle recruitment processes within the platform but also manage internal processes to ensure team productivity.
10. Untapt UNLOCKED
Untapt UNLOCKED is an AI-powered recruitment software for startups, niche job boards, internal mobility for corporations, and digital recruitment businesses. The uniqueness of this solution lies in its AI matching capability. With Untapt UNLOCKED features, businesses transform their candidate experience and connect with the right talents with ease.
Primarily, Untapt UNLOCKED leverages white-label technology allowing clients to run successful hiring marketplaces, job boards, and recruiting firms. It helps you build personalized sites and leverage powerful tools to optimize the recruitment process. Put differently, the system makes it easy to build highly efficient and profitable online job boards and recruitment sites. The vendor offers a comprehensive free trial to get you up to speed with Untapt UNLOCKED features.
Try out untapt UNLOCKED with their free trial
What is unique about Untapt UNLOCKED?
- Artificial intelligence capabilities. With AI matching, Untapt UNLOCKED helps hire marketplaces to connect their clients with top talents.
- Create revenue streams. Also, Untapt UNLOCKED allows agencies and hire marketplaces to operate a subscription model that fosters a lasting relationship with their clients.
- Improve candidate experience. In addition, the platform allows recruitment agencies to build thriving relationships with candidates. It makes it easy to give candidates plenty of personalized opportunities to help them find the most suitable jobs faster.
- Accurate hire. Even better, Untapt UNLOCKED is beneficial to the hiring managers. Using the AI candidate matching, it surfaces only the relevant candidates for the recruiting authorities. This way, it empowers hiring managers to hire the best-placed candidates.
- Understand your network. What’s more, Untapt UNLOCKED enables hiring marketplaces to collect data across the entire recruitment process. The data can then be analyzed to mine helpful insights that help you better understand your network, both clients and candidates.
Detailed untapt UNLOCKED Review
Pinpoint is a powerful, cloud-based applicant tracking system designed for in-house recruitment teams in small and mid-sized organizations. The platform helps users to pinpoint the right candidates without relying on recruitment agencies. It streamlines the recruitment process, empowering businesses to source, screen, and hire quality talent, at a fractional recruitment cost.
Pinpoint allows you to create a fully branded recruitment website for a seamless recruitment process. It also lets you leverage savvy marketing strategies and create engaging job descriptions that stand out from the competition. This and its automated application process can simplify selection and assessment so you spot nothing but the best candidate. The vendor has an appealing free trial where you can tinker with Pinpoint features at no cost.
Try out Pinpoint with their free trial
What is unique about Pinpoint?
- Branded career websites. Pinpoint enables you to create fully customized and mobile-optimized career websites. The websites are uniquely designed to help you attract qualified applicants. The best thing is that the website is updated automatically every time you create a job description in Pinpoint.
- Customizable hiring workflows. Besides, Pinpoint allows you to create
- Effective recruitment marketing. Even better, Pinpoint comes with an automated recruitment marketing feature. This tool allows HR and recruitment teams to create and launch recruitment campaigns that traverse the web. This way, it helps attract qualified candidates without relying on hiring marketplace or recruitment agencies.
- Seamless candidate communication. Most importantly, Pinpoint removes the over-reliance on email communication. It provides a centralized timeline view for candidate communications, spelling the end to overflowing inboxes.
Teamtailor is best known for providing a simple but powerful applicant tracking experience. As a web-based software, this solution combines automation and communication tools to help streamline hiring and recruitment processes. With this at your disposal, you can facilitate all hiring tasks ranging from building a career site or setting up a hiring campaign page to managing employee referrals and preparing automated tests.
Among the platform’s features are free and paid job boards, lead page creation, automated talent pools, custom application forms, and an employee referral system. What is more, it has a candidate chat system, email campaign automation, and interview scheduling tools that make it easy for hiring teams to get in touch with applicants. It also comes with internal communication options to allow collaboration between members of a recruitment team.
Try out Teamtailor with their free trial
What is unique about Teamtailor?
- Suitable for all business sizes. Teamtailor is a scalable and easily configurable platform. As such, it can cater to the ATS requirements of businesses both large and small. It can even integrate with a slew of third-party apps, allowing it to work well with your existing software ecosystem
- Operates in and out of the office. With Teamtailor, you can easily access your talent pool and your campaign pages wherever you may be. This is because the solution is built to work on any browser. It also comes with a native Android and iOS app so you can enter the system using your mobile gadgets.
- Anonymous hiring option. Perhaps one of the features most unique to Teamtailor is the option to scan through applicants anonymously. It can block personal information in the resume so you can focus on assessing an applicant’s professional qualifications. This makes it easy for recruiters to make impartial hiring decisions.
- Built-in career site builder. Teamtailor allows users to create their own career site where potential applicants can learn more about your job openings and reach out to you. It has a drag-and-drop interface that utilizes design blocks so designing your site is quick and easy.
- GDPR-compliant. The platform is completely GDPR-compliant, making it great for companies that hire applicants from the European Union This allows you to keep your candidates’ data secure.
Detailed Teamtailor Review
13. Zoho Recruit
Unlike BambooHR, Zoho Recruit specializes exclusively in applicant tracking, and is devoted exclusively to HR teams and staffing agencies. Its main task is to streamline the hiring process and to source better talent, for which it introduces effective resume management and interview features. If you are an HR manager looking to cast talent networks and acquire top performers, Zoho Recruit will also help attract performers on job boards, social media, and dedicated career pages, and provide the best onboarding experience once all the vacancies are filled.
As it is common with Zoho products, Recruit is hassle-free and easy to use and integrates with a wide range of in-house and third-party applications to update data regularly and to make your job easier. It is also available at a very affordable price, which is rarely the case of applications with the same analytic and reporting power. The vendor has a free trial plan to get you up to speed with Zoho Recruit capabilities.
Try out Zoho Recruit with their free trial
What is unique about Zoho Recruit?
- Facilitated and more organized hiring. Zoho Recruit is devoted to making hiring easier, as it automates all business-specific recruitment processes. It is customizable enough to match every single one of your organizational needs, assemble and categorize data quickly, and store it in a secure location where only allowed users will be able to access it.
- A list of active openings. With Zoho Recruit, all active job openings are listed and displayed in chronological order, with target dates and open fields for the applicant to submit it immediately. For each opening, you can read the data of the recruiter, status, dates, locations, company and position information
- Dedicated candidate pages. Zoho’s candidate pages look much alike regular job listings and represent full applicants’ profiles where you can have all candidate data at a glance. It takes to click on the name of a candidate, and you will immediately see his name, profile pictures, contact data (email, phone, address), and social links.
- Automated preselection. Zoho Recruit invites you to insert the values and criteria each candidate should respond to. If an application doesn’t fulfill any of the given criteria, it will automatically be withdrawn unless the recruiter wants to look at it in detail.
- No lost information. Regardless of when a job opening was posted or when the candidate applied, Zoho Recruit will store the application info in a centralized database. There, you can access it any time, and from any device.
Detailed Zoho Recruit Review
Eddy is an intuitive, all-in-one HR software designed for small and midsized businesses looking to streamline the many facets of HR management. The platform blends powerful applicant tracking system, onboarding, and people management tools. Together, these features enable organizations to source, hire, and retain top talents quickly and accurately.
Beyond this, Eddy provides other features such as document storage to help hiring teams organize documents in the cloud. Besides, the payroll management module provides the tools you need to control, manage, and complete your payroll on time. That’s not all, Eddy provides a robust time tracking feature to help you track employee time and remunerate them accurately. Other Eddy features include the culture and paid time off management tools. The vendor offers a free trial to get you up to speed with the product features.
What is unique about Eddy?
- Powerful applicant tracking system. With Eddy, it’s a breeze to track applicant progress and expedite hiring with the drag-and-drop pipeline and automated stage actions. The system streamlines the hiring process with one-click posting, team collaboration, and automated candidate communication, thus helping you to hire easier, faster, and better.
- Easy onboarding. First, the platform eliminates all paper-based processes. This means it’s easy to create and send digital documents that employees need to sign before joining. Second, Eddy support self-onboarding. In this sense, it allows new hires to create their profiles and sign documents on their own.
- Effective employee management. What’s more, Eddy enables you to manage all employee profiles from a single location. This way, you maintain a 360-degree view of employee directory, job details, and all relevant documents.
- Payroll management. Even better, with Eddy payroll management tools are designed to alleviate all payroll complexity. They simplify payroll processes, allowing you to accurately handle all functions from remuneration to tax remittance.
- Accurate time tracking. What’s more, Eddy allows you to track employee time with ease. It allows employees to clock in and out, and the information is relayed to the manager for approval. Interestingly, the platform can also be used to track overtime.
If hassle-free and on-point AT systems are what you’re after, you should also take a look at ClearCompany. The end-to-end talent management suite expands your reach with minimal effort and makes it easy to attract, screen, evaluate and hire qualified people in less time. It also gives you access to 160 million talent profiles whose data you can share with requisition inboxes.
The main features ClearCompany is known for are intelligent screening and interviewing, automated collection of hire forms and onboarding, easily validated data, and all compulsory background checks (e-verify integration, I-9 management, and WOTC management). The system is also adjusted for performance vs. goals management and comes with unique weighted sections, scoring tables, and free-form comparisons for employees, departments, and offices. The vendor has a free trial as well.
Detailed ClearCompany Review
What is unique about ClearCompany?
- Full applicant lifecycle control. ClearCompany’s HCM handles the entire employee lifecycle, creating an easier hiring experience, seamless onboarding processes, goal alignment across teams, and efficient performance management systems.
- Specialized in attracting talented performers. This platform makes it easy to attract, screen, evaluate and hire qualified people in less time. With an integrated sourcing tool, you can access about 160 million talent profiles, and share their information with requisition inboxes and internal teams with a single click.
- Seamless onboarding for your new hires. ClearCompany’s onboarding feature makes onboarding simple with automated, online delivery, tracking and collection of all of your new hire forms. Smart forms eliminate redundant data entry by pre-filling previously entered information, then validating data for formatting and accuracy.
- Automated checks and verification of candidates. Another distinctive advantage is that you can confide background checks, E-verify integration, I-9 management, and WOTC management entirely to ClearCompany HCM.
- Goal & Performance management. With ClearCompany’s Performance and Goal Management, you can easily set up as many custom scales, questions, and reviews as you need, including weighted sections, scoring tables, and free-form results.
16. iCIMS Talent Acquisition
iCIMS is another popular software suite with a leading applicant tracking system that takes sourcing, screening, and hiring concerns out of the way. Its functionality is neatly arranged in three separate modules (RECRUIT, CONNECT, and ONBOARD), and is hence applicable in different stages of the talent acquisition process, and made equally attractive to employers and their prospective employees.
We recommend it because of its modern recruiting approach – the smart iCIMS engine will not only assemble candidates that correspond to given indicators but genuinely recognize those that can contribute to your team. What this means is that it collates a vast amount of data for each employee, and automates posting and referral on more than 300 locations. Once an application is in, iCIMS also takes charge of personalizing candidate communication and equips you with branding tools to support the reputation of your company.
Detailed iCIMS Talent Acquisition Review
What is unique about iCIMS Talent Acquisition?
- Leading and global acquisition service. For more than 10 years, iCIMS has been synonymous with talent management and acquisition services, and it is currently being used by more than 3,000 international businesses and organizations.
- Applicant tracking & HR management on a single platform. iCIMS is loaded with tools and features to help recruiters perform their tasks efficiently. Every candidate’s data is stored within a single database and can be accessed via a standard platform that can be tailored specifically to address particular business requirements.
- Branded career portals. With iCIMS, businesses can tailor their career portals with their branding elements to match existing corporate websites, thus giving applicants a consistent candidate experience.
- Maximized data security. iCIMS ensures maximal data security and mitigates risks regarding data collection. The candidate data is sent to a secure database that adheres to the policies and regulations of the EEO, OFCCP, and ADA, as well as all international hiring laws.
- Communications center. iCIMS offers also a communications center, another functionality that enables users to send targeted, scheduled emails to prospective employees to retain and enhance engagement as well as maintain relationships.
17. Oracle Taleo Cloud Service
Oracle Taleo Cloud Service is a data-rich, social talent acquisition service hosted entirely in cloud; and devoted to modern HR teams that are looking to develop the best hiring practices. Among experts, Taleo is known as the solution that sets precedents in recruitment marketing and automates all recruiting operations, including custom consultation and unique onboarding practices. The best part of the process is that packages are completely optional, and the user gets to combine functionalities that match his exact requirements and cover a personalized quote calculated on demand.
This platform can easily be connected to Oracle’s wide scope of HCM solutions (Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, HR Best Practice), and prides itself with one of the most responsive support teams in this industry.
Detailed Oracle Taleo Cloud Service Review
What is unique about Oracle Taleo Cloud Service?
- Applicable for both SMBs and enterprises. Oracle Taleo is designed to cater equally to small and medium businesses and large enterprises. Being cloud-based it can electronically track applicants, making applicant tracking data and recruiting information accessible anytime, anywhere. This also results in huge savings on recruiting costs.
- A very social hiring system. This platform uses social media tools like Facebook and Twitter but also integrates with productivity tools like Microsoft Outlook, MyYahoo, and iGoogle, along with other Oracle products.
- Electronic employee performance reviews. Using the tool, managers can come up with electronic employee performance reviews, while setting benchmarks that are consistent with the organization’s goals. The review process can become even more streamlined using the provided performance review writing guide.
- Streamlined onboarding. Taleo Cloud Service takes care of the onboarding process with a custom new hire portal that is designed to keep new hire data. A dashboard, meanwhile, keeps on the lookout for issues that might crop up during the onboarding process.
- Career development courses. The Oracle Taleo service offers career development courses, which can serve as an invaluable tool for retaining talent. Additional features include online content management, blended learning plans, social learning capabilities, along with an eCommerce functionality.
Recruiterbox focuses foremost on effective talent evaluation, as it deviates from traditional resumes and application forms, and replaces them with custom questionnaires. It does the exact same thing with the rest of your recruitment funnel structure, letting you assign tasks and responsibilities the way you deem necessary, and still keep all information neatly organized across the system. Before you get there, however, Recruiterbox will broadcast successfully all open positions you have, and bring in applications from all available sources without you in charge.
Being a very collaborative system, Recruiterbox will make hiring an in-team experience, and allow everyone on board to discuss candidates, attach documents, and share personal evaluations. The vendor offers a free trial to help you learn more about Recruiterbox features at no cost.
What is unique about Recruiterbox?
- Modern approach to recruitment. Recruiterbox rescues the HR from using the conventional hiring procedures such as receiving resumes and application through email, or sometimes, by regular mail. It takes a toll on the HR personnel to read every email and download every resume attached in those emails.
- Resume management. Resume management is a unique feature of Recruiterbox that helps pre-select and shortlist suitable candidates against minimal intervention on the manager’s behalf.
- Automated shortlisting for an unlimited number of applicants. With Recruiterbox, you can get all the resumes in one place just by a few clicks, and have the system pick the compliant ones, no matter the number of applicants. This not only saves a lot of time and resources for the recruitment staff but also allows them to focus on choosing talented performers.
- Custom hiring. Recruiterbox allows the HR teams to customize the rest of the hiring steps. HR managers can break down recruitment tasks and make teams address specific steps, including automated shortlisting.
- Email integration. Recruiterbox will resume, import, and arrange data coming from your email inboxes so that you won’t have to enter it twice.
Detailed Recruiterbox Review
Jobvite is an on-demand recruiting solution for HR professionals that relies on more than 10 years of experience and constant development. The three available modules (Sourcing, Hiring, and Onboarding) align several best-in-breed acquisition features and practices, including a Mobile Hiring team app, and a Reporting & Analytics suite available to all users.
What Jobvite does the best is exposing employers on the job market – you can use it to build premium career sites, get access to advanced video screening for personalized shortlisting of candidates, and engage more talented performers with improved CRM and marketing practices. At the same time, Jobvite counts as one of the most secure hiring platforms, given that it protects applicant data with built-in firewalls, TLS encryption, DDoS data mitigation, identity management, and alert notifications. What you will also appreciate about it is the open API infrastructure that lets you build custom integrations with third-party software.
What is unique about Jobvite?
- End-to-end tracking automation. Jobvite was created to simplify the hiring process by automating time-intensive tasks such as applicant screening, email parsing, resume analysis, and more.
- Possibility to create a career website. Using Jobvite, you can create high-impact, customizable, and branded career websites that feature your brand elements, screening forms, custom applications, and more.
- Free and automated posting on popular job boards. Another way for Jobvite to make recruiting easier is by allowing you to share openings on popular job boards such as SimplyHired and Indeed.
- Social approach to recruitment. Jobvite also enables you to pinpoint talented performers on social media. It allows you to share openings on your social networks as well as on your company’s official social channels. Meanwhile, it stores and distributes candidate data on your Jobvite Twitter accounts and channels.
- Customized nurture & engage campaigns. Jobvite’s CRM capabilities make it possible to devise and implement customized nurture campaigns to get them engaged and enticed with your job offers, even when they are not looking for a job.
The value of SmartRecruiters consists in the fact that this platform doesn’t offer a pre-built structure where one must ‘play by the rules’, but rather invites creative recruiters to build an AT system that will genuinely work for them. Transforming the hiring concept to an actual custom and enjoyable experience, SmartRecruiters has confirmed to engage HR managers into making a genuinely informed decision, and let them focus on people, rather than pre-defined metrics. This means that you can easily adopt a working AT solution, replace the one you already have without coding experience, or build one from scratch. Once deployed, SmartRecruiters becomes indispensable, as it will build career pages and post placements on relevant boards, and then find, engage, and hire the best person for each position.
Detailed SmartRecruiters Review
What is unique about SmartRecruiters?
- Employment decisions made within the team. SmartRecruiters is a place where the hiring team can collaborate and manage different aspects of the talent acquisition process together. Here, they can find all the relevant information in one place that they can access even on mobile so they can review and hire while on-the-go.
- Unified applicant data. With this platform, recruiters will no longer have to manually merge data across different systems and they can even enjoy automated promotions of jobs and job offers roll out.
- Pre-integrated apps marketplace. Recruiting agencies using SmartRecruiters can extend the application’s capabilities. It has a marketplace of pre-integrated apps that let them do more from one program.
- Recruiting via mobile devices. With SmartRecruiters, you will have a fully mobile experience, as it is available to use on mobile platforms such as on Android and iOS devices. This way, the recruiting team can review, contact, and hire directly from their mobile devices while they are out of the office.
- Simple and user-friendly technology. SmartRecruiters was designed to offer the ultimate user and hiring experience without the difficulties of complex tools. The software assists in streamlining the workflow for recruiters and also makes the application process easy for talents.